Monday, December 7, 2009

Is santa real???



That is the question that I was asked last night by Ethan. In the past I had always said to him just "if you dont believe santa wont come". But he was full of technical questions of santa last night so I had to break the bad news to him who Santa REALLY was! It was heartbreaking to break that news only weeks before Christmas. I was really hoping for him to one more magical christmas before reality set in....But I did try to soften the blow by telling him that now he was a big boy he was allowed to know the special secret about Santa that he needs to help keep from others so he was a little excited about having a special secret to keep.....but I couldnt miss the disappointment on his face....then he asked about easter bunny. So in one night he lost Santa and Easter Bunny. I didnt have the heart to tell him about the tooth fairy also :)

4 comments:

Cullis Family said...

Kate I feel for you. That must have been so hard. Man I am not looking forward to that conversation with my kids!!

Bride said...

it's disappointing for us too hey?

ash_w said...

I am not looking forward to that either. I look sneaking around and playing santa, At lease you have a few more years with the 2 other boys.

Steven said...

Santa is real: www.iCaughtSanta.com

Merry Christmas!