Friday, September 7, 2012

ADelaide Road trip part 1

A few weeks ago matt and I and the two little boys took a last minute trip to ADelaide to buy a new car. It was zacks first plane ride so he was really excited and he was really good for the first leg of the flight. but from melbourne to Adelaide he pretty much sat on my legs a cried.(wont be taking him again in a hurry!) I had never been to Adelaide so I was excited to see it. WE were only planning a few hours there after we had the car but I figured I could see a little. I think by the time we had picked up our new car I was pretty happy that i had seen enough of ADelaide....it was much nicer in my imagination! However it was nice to see and the beach was lovely. We also got to visit haighs chocolate factory, unfortunately we did not buy enough chcocolate but we have learnt for next time!. we also got to have a quick visit with our sis inlaw Lisa and meet her beautiful little girl Isabelle and introduce Zack and sam to her as they had never met her before. It was great catching up as we hadnt seen her in about 5 years.unfortunately we were too busy catching up that i forgot to get a photo.
WE also had a quick drive by the Adelaide temple ( and ate our maccas in the carpark). before heading off in our new car to Mount Gambier where we were spending the night. Mount Gambier was pretty ordinary but we did love visiting the blue lake. I had never heard about it before until just before our trip but it was pretty cool.

1 comment:

BindiM said...

I haven't been to the Haigh's factory since our honeymoon. We must try to take the kids there. B xo