Friday, February 22, 2008

My baby's grown up

So I have just taken Daniel to his first day of Kinder. I could see this morning he was a little nervous amongst the excitement of getting his lunch made and putting on his uniform, so i figured as his first day he would probably want me to stay to help him get settled , even if it was for only 5 minutes. But no! We went in met his teacher. He found his name tag to wear and his hook for his bag and then he went off to play without even looking back. Infact he only turned to say goodbye when his teacher could see me watching him ( with a hint of a tear!!!) and told him to say goodbye. He then Turned waved and said goodbye and then turned straight back to his task!! While I am very releaved that I dont have one of those children who cry and scream and dont want to leave there mums at all.... i was hoping for at least a hug! Oh well, i guess my baby is all grown up now!

Now the question is what to do for 3 hours! My trip to the supermarket was a lot quicker then usual and did not entail the constant question from the minute we walk into the shop of "can I have"! Normally i would love a supermarket trip with no kids, but today was a little lonely knowing that today marks the beginning of a new chapter.... No more kids at home :( Maybe it's time for child number 3!!!!! ( only kidding). I will post some pics of Daniel when i get them developed ( yes i am still one of the few who have not moved up with technology and bought myself a digital camera!. Although with my new hobby of blogging i think its now probably time to make that purchase! )

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Hey Kate,
Looks like you're not going to have too many "school problems" by the sounds of it-I'm glad Daniel enjoyed it, even though you missd out on a hug!