Monday, November 17, 2008

Hard Done By


Daniel is feeling a bit hard done by at the moment. Everyday he and I have the conversation of "why was Ethan born first". As he ask the question his eyes are filling with tears and no answer satisfies him. He is starting to feel like Ethan gets to do all the "fun" stuff and he misses out. And it all started a few weeks ago at school when in assembly Ethan had to go to the stage to receive a certificate for his nomination for Aussie of the Month. Daniel was sitting watching and by the time I picked Daniel up from school he was a little teary. Those tears welling in his eyes broke on the way home and he cried (hard) for the next hour!!! Since then everything Ethan does or has that Daniel doesnt have it starts again.!!! I have tried to tell him that he is lucky because he gets to be a big brother and a little brother which Ethan doesnt get....but his responses is just "I wanted to be born first".........I am just hoping that this phase will end soon as it is one i just cant win!

2 comments:

BindiM said...

I feel so sad for him! Can you get him involved in an activity that Ethan doesn't do and tell him it is only for boys born second?

Kristy said...

I feel sad for him too, I know what it's like though.