Wednesday, February 11, 2009

First Day of School




Well today being the first day of school is a bit of a sad day for 2 reasons. The first reason being that holidays are over and I have to get back to a routine, get up early again and travel back and spend an hour travelling a day back and forth to school. The second reason is I no longer have any children at home ( Yes I do realise it is only temporary for another 8 weeks). I dropped Daniel off for his first day of prep today. Helped him find his hook for is bag and put his books ( that I spent hours covering last night) in his tub. Then I told him I would stay until he was settled as it was a little daunting with what seemed like more parents then children in the room. But he just turned to me and said "I want you to go" and ran off without a goodbye! Now I should have expected it as he was very much the same in Kinder but a hug would have been nice! But at least he was happy and comfortable to be there. Ethan was a little more hesitant when we dropped him off but I think that was more because he is in a 2/3 class ( ethan grade 2) and was a little nervous around the older kids. But he was still happy to be there and when Daniel and I left him he yelled to Daniel that he would see him and recess. So it seems  I once again was the only one with first day jitters :) 

2 comments:

Simone Triffitt said...

Wow they look grown up. How come it takes so long to get to school? Isn't it near where you live? When is Daniel's bday. Him and Hallie must be close in age like Ethan and Sarra.

Kate Jury said...

we live in old beach so there are plenty of schools close in bridgewater, gagebrook...but no way would i send them there! Daniel is 6 in July