Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Painting

With less then 10 weeks to go until the baby arrives ( baby Violet as Daniel has named it... hoping by giving it a girls name that it will be born a girl!) I have been busy painting the baby's room. This is the first time we have had our own house when having a baby so I am enjoying being able to create a room how I like and paint etc. I have spent the last week pulling shelves down that had been nailed to the wall by the previous owner, painting walls , window sills and some old furniture that I will be using. I have gone for a yellow colour for the walls with white furniture and trimmings.. I have got my new white cot all set up and my new change table ( a very generous gift from Erin) set up and it is actually starting to feel like a room for a baby. The boys have gotten so excited over the past week for the baby, now that they can see a room on its way to being finished for the baby. They love to walk in and just stand there looking at everything. There is still a little bit to go but it is certainly starting to look good. I cant wait until I have finished all the painting so I can start washing clothes, bedding and getting everything made up. I will have to post some pictures when I am done and get some new batteries for the camera!

No comments: