Wednesday, January 27, 2010

10 YEARS


This week marks Matt and my 10 year wedding anniversary. I can still remember when we first got married and would talk about things we would do on our 10 year anniversary and how far away it seemed, and now here it is. Infact looking back to when we first got married and those "early years" feels like another life time ago. Its cool to look back and see where we started as poor newlyweds with matt at uni and living in a rat infested unit to now where we have 3 kids, great incomes and buying a home.
In all the reflecting in recent weeks over our marriage I have come to realise a few things over the last 10 years :
1. Matt and I have not had any time away together just the 2 of us since our honeymoon
2. All our family holidays have been to visit family. We havent had a big family holiday just for us( other then weekend local trips)
3. We have moved 6 times, 3 have been interstate, been members of 4 different wards and have had 5 cars.
4. Within our family we have had 4 weddings and a funeral ( isnt that a movie??)
5. apart from the first 2 months of marriage we have surivied with only one car for 10 years.
and
6. Matt hasnt worn a wedding ring for 9 years and 9 months ( he lost it after only 3 months!)

I have decided that this year during our 10th year Matt and I are going to get away just the 2 of us even if only for a weekend and even if it is only to melbourne.(and try to do that at least once a year) I look forward to some non kid time....and we need to take a nice family holiday (probably next year).



(I was trying to find wedding photos however my scanner does not work so i just took a few photos!)

5 comments:

Claire said...

Oh Congratulations!! 10 years hey:) We are heading for 9 this weekend!! We also said we would do something special for our 10th wedding anniversary, so far no plans! I guess time can change that.

Simone Triffitt said...

I can't believe that 10yrs has passed for us both and only 3 weeks btwn our weddings. Oh they were the days. Remember the time the 4 of us jumped the wall at the Botanical Gardens one night and went for a walk?

Jon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hannah Challis said...

Wow - Congrats on 10 years! Only seems like the other day you were showing me some of the clothes you were taking on your honeymoon!!!!! (remember??!!) xx

Kate Jury said...

I do remember that Hannah. That was the night before I went to Sydney to get married!