Sunday, October 11, 2009

Our Trip To Launceston

Visiting the Gorge. The first time for me and the boys. The boys loved it. Especially since it had recently flooded so the water was very high. I have to say I can't believe I have lived in TAssie almost all my life and never been there before. It was beautiful and look forward to going back there again and walking around the rocks (without the kids).
The boys were a bit nervous on the bridge , especially as it was a little windy!



















We stayed at Grindelwald in a gorgeous Spa Villa. IT was brand new and SO nice. It had a massive spa which I enjoyed! I have always wanted to stay at Grindelwald ever since I was a kids and I use to see the ads for it on TV....but being from a family of 9 kids our holidays were camping in a tent...not nice hotels! Its just a shame it was wet the whole time we were there...



Ethan and Daniel shared a double bed which meant it took forever for them to go to sleep.


We took the boys the "monkey" park before we left and they thought it was awesome. Daniel tried to make friends with some of the monkey's and they spent probably 30 minutes just watching and laughing at the monkey's getting up to "monkey business"! One Monkey was feeling quite frisky and the boys thought it was great that he kept "hugging" the other monkey's!
I have only been to Launceston a few times in my life and each time I am not overly impressed. But I did love the gorge. But Hobart is definately the better place to be :) Matt hated driving around Launceston and kepted muttering how he hated it! I think he got more frustrated driving there then he ever did in Melbourne. WE were definately glad to get back to Hobart and its sunshine as Launceston was just wet the entire time we were there.








1 comment:

Nettie's Blog said...

This is my first visit to your blog from Lisa K..hope you dont mind...
Oh how funny ..i always say that about Hobartmy daughter lives there now so i visit very regularly to help with my 4 grandaughters.. (guess it is where your heart lies)..and i think that the streets of hobart are hard to drive in..he he!! come back again and come in the summer... the Gorge is amazing then...the swimming pool is free as are the BBQ's ..the walks the animals..what more could you want..(my plug for the north)